Terms and Conditions
The Blue Fund #capturethecoast Photographic Competition, brought to you by Grindrod Bank and Wildlands, will run from 1 June to 31 August 2017.
The purpose of the competition is highlight the importance of preserving our beautiful South African coast.
Participants will compete for the overall title of Best on Show, as all semi-finalists will be exhibited at the Hilton Arts Festival (15 – 17 September 2017). There will also be an award for the “most popular” image submission as judged by the Blue Fund community as well as special prizes for category winners. In addition, there will be a lucky draw prize for all image submissions reposted to @BlueFundSA Instagram page.
- # coastal conservation
- # coastal communities
- # shades of blue
Image submissions are judged on a mix of creativity, adherence to theme and number of likes, so spread the word about your submissions.
The judging panel is made up of the Blue Fund ambassadors who work within the marine conservation sector.
The winning image of this year’s Blue Fund #capturethecoast Photographic Competition will see its photographer walk away with a cash prize of R5000, sponsored by Grindrod Bank. Runner-up prizes and lucky draws are at the discretion of the judges.
Each of the 3 category winners, as chosen by our judges, will qualify as a finalist and be eligible for the cash prize,
In addition, all reposted images will be printed, block mounted and exhibited on the Blue Fund #capturethecoast Photographic Competition Blue Wall at the Hilton Arts Festival 2017.
Participants can submit images from 1 June until 31 August 2017.
Participants must submit their entry images via Instagram, Facebook or Twitter using #capturethecoast and tagging @BlueFundSA. Participants should not enter the same image on multiple social media platforms.
By entering the Blue Fund #capturethecoast Photographic Competition participants confirm that they have agreed to Rules of this competition.
- The Blue Fund #capturethecoast Photographic Competition, brought to you by Grindrod Bank and the Wildlands, is open to photographers aged 16 and over, that are residence of South Africa.
- Individuals employed by Grindrod Bank, Wildlands or any of their affiliates and subsidiaries, as well as the partners and family members of those individuals, will not be eligible for entry.
- By entering the Blue Fund #capturethecoast Photographic Competition participants confirm that they have agreed to the rules of the competition. Any image submission found not to comply with the rules at any stage of the competition may be disqualified and any prizes will be forfeited.
- Images submitted for reposting on our Instagram or Facebook page need to be 1080px by 1080px. The competition organisers cannot be held responsible for entries that do not arrive due to an participant’s internet security settings or restrictions placed by their internet service provider or that are incorrectly uploaded onto any social media platform, or that do not include the @BlueFundSA and #capturethecoast .
- Image submissions must be received by midnight CAT on Thursday 31 August 2017 or such date as the Blue Fund #capturethecoast Photographic Competition may advise on Facebook or Instagram.
- All image submissions must be the original work of the participant and the participant must exclusively own all copyright.
- By virtue of submission, participants grant the Blue Fund and the competition sponsorship partners, non-exclusive permission to publish their submitted images on all their print, online and social media channels, in association with the Blue Fund #capturethecoast Photographic Competition, without compensation of any kind to the participant.
- By virtue of submission, participants agree that by entering the competition, they grant The Blue Fund and the competition sponsorship partners a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence to reproduce, publish and communicate to the public by any means and exhibit their awarded entries in all media throughout the world, including event activations, in relation to the competition.
- By virtue of submission, participants grant the Blue Fund and the competition sponsorship partners non-exclusive permission to publish their images in a printed, block-mounted art installation to be displayed within 12 months of their submission date, without compensation of any kind to the participant.
- Participants agree that they will participate in related publicity and agree to the use of their name and likeness for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity of the Blue Fund #capturethecoast Photographic Competition without compensation.
- The Blue Fund and the competition sponsorship partners regret that they cannot accept liability for the misuse of images and/or failure of any third party to credit photographs.
- Image submissions must be of photographs be taken anywhere along the South African coastline. Multiple image submission are allowed but only one (1) image submission per person will qualify as a finalist. Participants should not enter the same image on Instagram, Facebook and/or Twitter.
- The Blue Fund and the competition sponsorship partners may request RAW and high-resolution images if these are required. No borders, watermarks or signatures should be included on any image submissions.
- Image submissions should be a faithful representation of the original scene. Localised adjustments should be used restrictively and appropriately. The objective is to remain faithful to the original experience of the South African coastline, not to deceive the viewer or misrepresent the reality.
- Image submissions depicting any form of wildlife should be of “wild” animals – no images of captive wildlife (including farm animals, pets or zoo animals) will be considered. Rescue animals may be considered at the sole discretion of the Blue Fund and the competition sponsorship partners.
- The Blue Fund and the competition sponsorship partners reserve the right to refuse images that, in their sole judgement, are unsuitable for publishing in this competition, for whatever reason they deem fit.
- Image submission that have previously been awarded any national or international award at the time of entry will not be considered.
- The Blue Fund #capturethecoast Photographic Competition judges will be drawn from the Blue Fund community, in partnership with the Blue Fund and the competition sponsorship partners.
- The decisions of the Blue Fund, the competition sponsorship partners and judges on all matters relating to the competition are final and binding. No negotiation will be considered.
- Finalists will be notified in strict confidence in September 2017. It is a condition of entry that the finalists do not disclose the details of any shortlisted or winning image submissions to any third party until such time as the announcement has been made public.
- The prizes are non-transferable. Prizes must be claimed within the dates specified or will be forfeited. Winners will be contacted via the manner/channel in which they submitted their images.
- The Blue Fund and the competition sponsorship partners acknowledges that the promotion of the Blue Fund #capturethecoast Photographic Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.